Terms & Conditions
1. I/we the client(s) accept Vicky Hays Dog Walking Terms and Conditions as listed below.
2. All dogs being walked will undergo a trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialised.
3. All dogs will be walked on a lead unless previously agreed by both parties and then only if the client has signed the disclaimer form.
4. The client is entirely responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Vicky Hays Dog Walking. In the case of illness or injury, if the client is not available, Vicky Hays Dog walking reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interest of the animal.
5. Dogs should be up to date with all vaccinations, worm and flea treatments. Your pets should be in general good health, or you should inform me of any pre existing health conditions.
6. Although Vicky Hays Dog Walking is insured for Public Liability, wherever possible pets should be insured by the client.
7. Vicky Hays Dog Walking will care for your dog/s as you would, and whilst I will make every effort to ensure your dog/s are well looked after in your absence, Vicky Hays Dog Walking cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a dog either inside or outside of their/my home whilst in our care whatever the cause.
8. The client will supply suitable collars and tags, harnesses, and where necessary muzzles for the dog/s and any other coats or accessories that the client wishes to be used.
9. The client will supply towels for drying the dog/s off at the end of each walk.
10. The client will either ensure that access is given to Vicky Hays Dog Walking to collect the dog from the agreed address at the agreed time, or give Vicky Hays Dog Walking a key to the place where the dog is kept. Vicky Hays Dog Walking will use the key to collect and return the dog and for no other purpose and will keep it safe, not let anyone else have it, not copy it and will return it to the customer on demand.
11. The client will inform Vicky Hays Dog Walking of any characteristics of the dog which needs to be known for handling and care of the dog.
12. Vicky Hays Dog Walking will apply personal judgement and cut short a walk where necessary because of extreme weather conditions (heat, thunder and lightning) for the safety of both the dogs and walker.
13. Vicky Hays Dog Walking will inform the Customer of any incident or anything which is noticed about the dog, which as dog owners, the client ought to know.
14. Vicky Hays Dog Walking will take care, so far as is practicable, that the dog is not a nuisance or danger to any one, or any other animals, and that no harm comes to it. Vicky Hays Dog Walking will supply plastic bags and use them on all walks to remove the dog’s faeces and ensure that the dog does not foul any public or private place.
15. In the case of cancellation, 24 hours notice must be given, or a 100% cancellation charge will be applied for day care or walks.
16. A £5 surcharge must be paid for any excessive soiling of bedding on which the dog travels. Car bedding is washed weekly, however the surcharge will be charged for any dogs that urinate, defecate or vomits in the car.
17. All walking services are to be paid weekly, either by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
18. A 25% non refundable deposit must be paid within 7 days of an initial boarding enquiry being made.
Did you know....?
In the UK, the Control of Dogs Order 1992 states that any dog in a public place must wear a collar with the name and address (including postcode) of the owner engraved or written on it, or engraved on a tag. Your telephone number is optional (but it is strongly recommended)
* 01689 843692 * 07834 320757 * * facebook.com/vickyhaysdogwalking *